- Minsup claw couplings are a universal hose coupling that provide quick, safe and reliable connections. Claw couplings are designed with a common or universal claw which enables differing hose sizes and nominal bore sizes to be connected.
- Claw couplings are most commonly used for conveying air and water, and are not to be used for steam applications. Common industry applications include: under ground and surface mining, mineral processing, compressor and air tool industries, hire companies.
- Standard coupling heads ensure the interchangeability of all sizes, regardless of whether the mating coupling is male, female or hose tail.
- All Minsup Claw Couplings comply with AS 2554 and AS2660- Hose and Hose Assemblies for Air/Water.
- 316 Stainless Steel CF8M
Compatibility & Interchange Data
- Atlas Copco, Ludecke
- Constant vibration created by air drills, pavement breakers etc. is destructive to air hose couplings, especially the quick-acting type. To provide protection, connect one end of a 1 to 3 meter length of air hose to the tool using the heat-treated "No. 3500" Steel Nipple which withstands vibration for a longer period. Connect the other end of "Whip Hose" to the air supply with the quick-acting coupling. "Whip Hose" should remain permanently connected to the tool and should be the same diameter as the supply line hose.
- 'A' Type bellow seal couplings are not recommended for use with Minsup standard seal couplings.
- Warning: Never use 'A' Type Couplings for steam service! None of Dixon's catalogue information is to be interpreted to mean that this type of coupling is suitable for use on steam hose.
- The use of a Minsup Safety Locking Pin is necessary to ensure that Minsup A Type couplings will not become accidentally disconnected. This ensures that the fittings are properly connected as the pin will not go through the holes in both couplings until the couplings are locked into place.